- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Development and review of Computing unit standards
Closed 19 Aug 2016
NZQA National Qualifications Services invites you to provide feedback on a suite of proposed unit standards developed for use as assessment tools for New Zealand Computing and IT qualifications at Levels 2-4; and the impact of proposed replacement relationships on reviewed Computing unit standards at Levels 1-5.
In the development of new unit standards for the New Zealand qualifications, duplication of content was identified with some current unit standards. These unit standards were therefore reviewed and are proposed to be replaced by the new standards, or recommended for expiry without replacement on 31 December 2019.
Other current Computing unit standards were reviewed as part of the maintenance cycle. The most significant changes proposed are:
- Unit standard 25660 changing from Level 3 to Level 2
- Unit standard 18756 changing from 4 to 3 credits
- New standard (DOCX, 31KB) combining 6873 and 6874
There are two consultations we are seeking feedback on:
- The consultation on the proposed new Computing unit standards is seeking your input on the set of draft standards for each of the four New Zealand Computing and IT qualifications at Levels 2-4. Further information is available from the Development and review of Computing unit standards webpage.
- The consultation on the review of current Computing unit standards is seeking your input on the impact of the proposed new standards on existing standards, particularly proposed expiry and replacement relationships. Further information is available from the Review of current Computing unit standards webpage.
Please return the completed survey and feedback form and/or any other feedback about the review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The consultations close on Friday 19 August 2016.
The feedback will be used by the review working group to further refine the standards to ensure that they meet the needs of the sector before being submitted for quality assurance.
Quick links to review and consultation documents
- Full Consultation document (PDF, 960KB)
- Landscape of proposed Computing unit standards - by qualification (Appendix 1) (PDF, 448KB)
- List of current Computing unit standards - proposed review category changes by standard number (Appendix 2) (PDF, 312KB)
- Detailed proposed replacement relationships for Computing unit standards at Levels 1-5 (Appendix 3) (PDF, 306KB)
- Survey and feedback form – proposed new Computing standards (DOCX, 30KB)
- Survey and feedback form – reviewed current Computing standards (DOCX, 22KB)