- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Development and review of ECE unit standards
Closed 19 Sep 2016
NZQA National Qualifications Services invites you to provide feedback on a suite of proposed unit standards developed for use as assessment tools for New Zealand ECE qualifications at Levels 2, 3 and 4; and the impact of proposed replacement relationships on current ECE unit standards.
Please download the consultation document (PDF, 1016KB), which includes the landscape of proposed ECE unit standards by qualification level, and detailed proposed replacement relationships for ECE unit standards at Levels 2-4. The suite of proposed individual standards by qualification level can be downloaded from the following links:
- Proposed Level 2 Early Childhood Learning and Care unit standards
- Proposed Level 3 ECE unit standards
- Proposed Level 4 ECE unit standards
Proposed replacement relationship with current ECE unit standards
In the development of new unit standards for the New Zealand qualifications, duplication of content was identified with some of the current unit standards. These current unit standards were therefore reviewed and are proposed to be replaced by the new standards, or recommended for expiry without replacement on 31 December 2019.
Some reviewed unit standards are being retained. The most significant changes proposed are:
- Unit standard 10019 changing from 4 credits to 3 credits
- Unit standard 26707 changing from 6 credits to 4 credits
- Unit standard 26708 changing from 5 credits to 4 credits
Further information is available from the Development and Review of ECE Unit Standards – Level 2, 3, 4 webpage.
Please return the completed consultation survey and feedback form (DOCX, 31KB) and/or any other feedback about the review, to email@example.com.
The consultation closes on Monday 19 September 2016.
The feedback will be used by the review working group to further refine the standards to ensure that they meet the needs of the sector before being submitted for quality assurance.