- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Consultation on proposed NZQA Rule changes
Open for Consultation 19 Apr 2017 - 31 May 2017
The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) is consulting on proposed changes to NZQA Rules. These changes seek to ensure that the Rules are clear, reflect operational changes, address emerging risks and enable NZQA to effectively perform its quality assurance functions.
The proposed changes are in three main areas:
How do I provide feedback?
If you would like to provide feedback on any or all of the proposed changes please complete the survey by 31 May 2017.
NZQA is consulting on proposed Rule changes to further integrate the Te Hono o Te Kahurangi whare ako framework into NZQA processes.
For detailed information on the proposed changes, see Te Hono o Te Kahurangi quality assurance proposed Rule changes. (PDF, 393KB)
Rule 18 of the NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2013 sets out the English language proficiency requirements for enrolling international students in programmes.
After an amendment to Rule 18 in October 2015, NZQA has identified opportunities to strengthen the Rule further in response to sector feedback and emerging risks.
For detailed information on the proposed changes, see Proposed changes to Rule 18. (PDF, 314KB)
NZQA is also consulting you on proposed Rule changes to the following:
- Quality Assurance (including External Evaluation and Review (EER)) Rules 2016
- NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2013
- Training Scheme Rules 2012
- NZQF Qualification Listing and Operational Rules 2016
- Private Training Establishment Registration Rules 2013
- NZQF Industry Training Programme Approval Rules 2012
- Directory of Assessment Standards Listing and Operational Rules 2011
- Consent to Assess against Standards on the Directory of Assessment Standards 2011
- Student Fee Protection Rules 2013
The attached draft consultation document outlines each proposed change, reason for the change and the anticipated impacts. See Other proposed changes to NZQA rules (PDF, 349KB)