- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers & partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation & review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Development of NZ Diploma in Business prescriptions
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Whakamahi Whenua / Mahinga Māra Kai Consultation
Closed 28 Sep 2012
NZQA Māori Qualifications Services (MQS) is working on developing New Zealand Qualifications in Whakamahi Whenua/Mahinga Māra Kai.
To ensure these qualifications meet the current and future needs of tauira Māori, NZQA is seeking feedback from interested groups/parties on the Whakamahi Whenua/Mahinga Māra Kai qualifications.
Qualifications in Environment Māori, Wahi Tapu, and Whakamahi Whenua/Mahinga Māra Kai (at levels 1-6, excluding university qualifications) have been scheduled for review in 2012 as part of the mandatory review of the Horticulture qualifications.
The main objective of the mandatory review is to reduce the duplication and proliferation of qualifications on a national scale, and to ensure that qualifications are useful, relevant and valuable to current and future learners, employers and other stakeholders.
NZQA, Māori Qualifications Services (MQS) in conjunction with the Horticulture Industry Training Organisation are currently reviewing Māori Environmental qualifications including the Whakamahi Whenua/Mahinga Māra Kai qualification.
To ensure qualifications meet the current and future needs of tauira Māori, MQS is seeking feedback from interested groups/parties who have an interest in Whakamahi Whenua/Mahinga Māra Kai.
Have your say in the development of New Zealand qualifications
We would appreciate you completing the following survey and returning it to Māori Qualifications Services by Friday 28 September.
- Whakamahi Whenua/Mahinga Māra Kai survey (DOC, 887KB) [e-form]
- Whakamahi Whenua/Mahinga Māra Kai survey (DOC, 911KB) [print]