- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Our global reach
NZQA has extensive bilateral and multilateral relationships with overseas governments as part of our commitment to ensuring New Zealand qualifications are well understood and portable internationally.
As part of this, in 2014, NZQA started delivering commercial services to other governments We have supported Thailand, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Afghanistan and Bangladesh develop their capabilities in assessment, quality assurance and recognition of qualifications processes. The contracts in Thailand and the UAE are ongoing, with further phases of work underway.
This work is supported by Education New Zealand, and includes a commitment by NZQA to help other New Zealand education agencies develop capability in commercialising know-how offshore.
The New Zealand Qualification’s Framework and associated quality assurance arrangements are among the most mature in the world. Consequently, there is demand from other countries to access our expertise. Historically NZQA has provided support such as technical exchanges to a range of jurisdictions.
How will this be delivered?
NZQA works in partnership with the G2G office, a division of Trade and Enterprise, and Education New Zealand, utilising New Zealand’s trade and diplomatic posts offshore to assist with negotiations with other governments.
When will this be delivered?
Delivery of services will continue throughout 2016, with a review of the function at the end of the year.
Who will benefit from this work?
Increasing our profile offshore assists with our goal of making New Zealand qualifications more recognisable and therefore portable for students. Profile building also assists with attracting foreign students to study in New Zealand. Delivering contracts overseas also increases our knowledge of other systems.
For more information email email@example.com.
Page last updated 13 April 2016