- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Sector Qualifications Register
The Sector Qualifications Register (SQR) project will deliver a single register that stores information about all quality assured qualifications listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. It will include information about qualifications, programmes, and components of programmes.
SQR will improve access to existing qualifications data across the tertiary education sector, and remove the need to store qualification information in various agencies.
2016 work programme
NZQA will continue to meet with tertiary education organisations and agencies to discuss the ongoing development of the SQR. The aim is to clearly understand the end-to-end processes (both for qualification developers and for agencies) and to ensure the register is fit for purpose. Along with regular workshops to test our design, this work will help build an SQR that will meet the needs of all interested parties, now and in the future by:
supporting effective, efficient and integrated cross-agency approval processes for tertiary education organisations
enabling easier life-cycle management (approval and maintenance) of qualifications, programmes, components and related information
improving the information at the source to create a quality data-sharing system for all stakeholders, from education organisation to learners.
Currently there are multiple qualification repositories held across the sector by a range of agencies. This can lead to confusion and data mismatches that can create doubt about the accuracy of qualifications information reported for funding purposes or to be recorded on learners’ records of achievement.
The development of the SQR is part of NZQA’s commitment to working with, and sharing data within, the wider education sector.
For more information email email@example.com.
Page last updated 24 May 2016