- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Comparability of degrees with Malaysia
19 Jan 2016
A project has recently been completed with the Malaysian Qualifications Agency on the comparability of New Zealand and Malaysia’s Master’s and Doctoral Degrees.
Alongside a piece of work that recognised the comparability of Bachelor’s Degrees that was completed in 2012, this project adds to an increased recognition and portability of qualifications between the two countries.
Work like this with international agencies increases New Zealand’s attractiveness as a study destination by reducing the barriers to employment for students returning home after graduating, and supports the two-way flow of skilled professionals.
Read more about the Recognition of Master’s and Doctoral Degrees project with Malaysia.