- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Updated Immigration New Zealand approval rates for student visas
25 Jan 2017
The 2016 approval rates for student visas are now available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
What is this list for?
Education providers must use this list when enrolling international students, to confirm if the students come from a country with a high visa decline rate for the purposes of Rule 18.5 of the NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2013.
This Rule specifies the English language proficiency testing requirements for international students from countries with a student visa decline rate of over 20 per cent.
Immigration New Zealand updates this list every year. The student visa approval rates affect all student visa applications from one month after the list is released.
This now gives education organisations enrolling international students until 24 February 2017 to adjust their enrolment policies.