- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Assessment (including Examination) Rules for Schools with Consent to Assess 2017
1. Authority, commencement and application
- These Rules, called the Assessment (including Examination) Rules for Schools with Consent to Assess 2017, are made under section 253(1)(j) of the Education Act 1989 in respect of assessment (including examinations) carried out in relevant Schools with consent to assess.
- These Rules replace the Assessment (including Examination) Rules for Schools with Consent to Assess 2016 (which are consequentially revoked) and these Rules are effective from 1 February 2017 until the end of 31 January 2018.
- These Rules specify the general requirements for assessment (including examination) in relevant Schools with consent to assess involving the:
- New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) and standards on the Directory of Assessment Standards
- New Zealand Scholarship 2017
- New Zealand University Entrance.
- The principles of fairness, validity and transparency of assessment practice for all Candidates are fundamental to the administration of qualifications and New Zealand scholarship in Schools and underpin these Rules.