- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
External Evaluation and Review (EER) Amendment Rules (No.2) 2014
- These Rules are made under section 253 of the Education Act 1989 (the Act).
- These Rules commence on the day that is 14 days after the date of approval by the Minister under section 253(5) of the Act.
3. Amendments to the principal Rules
- These Rules amend the External Evaluation and Review (EER) Rules 2013 (the principal Rules).
4. Definitions in Rule 4 of the principal Rules amended
- In the following definitions in Rule 4.1, after the word “institution” in all places where it occurs in each definition, add the words “or ITO”:
(a) “Category 1 institution”:
(b) “Category 2 institution”:
(c) “Category 3 institution”:
(d) “Category 4 institution”.
5. Rule 11 of the principal Rules amended (relating to categorisation of institutions)
- In the heading for Rule 11, after the word “institutions”, add the words “or ITOs”.
- In Rule 11.1, after the word “institution” in each place where it occurs, add the words “or ITO”.
- In Rule 11.1, after the words “educational performance” in each place where they occur, add the words “(for ITOs this will be in organisational performance)”.
6. Rule 12 of the principal Rules amended (relating to frequency of EERs)
- In the first line of Rule 12.1, after the word “institution’s”, add the words “or ITO’s”.
- In paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of Rule 12.1, after the word “institutions” in each place where it occurs, add the words “or ITOs”.
- In Rule 12.2, after the word “education”, add the words “of an institution”.
- In Rule 12.2, at the end of the Rule before the full stop, add the words “in respect of an institution or ITO“.
This note is not part of these Rules, but is intended to indicate their general effect.
This amendment to the principal Rules, which commences 14 days after the date of approval by the Minister, implements for ITOs the categorisation system and frequency of EERs that applies to institutions.
These Rules are administered by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.