- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Rules and procedures for Tertiary Education Organisations assessing against externally assessed achievement standards
- These Rules and Procedures are made by NZQA in respect of assessment and examinations under section 265 and 266 of the Education Act 1989.
- These rules and procedures are the Assessment Rules and Procedures for Tertiary Education Organisations in relation to assessment against externally assessed achievement standards.
- These Rules and Procedures will be effective from 1 February 2011 and replace the previous Rules and procedures for providers assessing against achievement standards (2005).
- These Rules and Procedures specify the general requirements for the assessment and examination of the following standards in TEOs:
- externally assessed achievement standards listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards (DAS)
- The principles of fairness, validity and transparency of assessment practice for all candidates are fundamental to the administration of assessment standards in TEOs and underpin these Rules and Procedures.