- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) rules
The rules listed below relate to the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).
- Qualification listing and operational
- Programme approval and accreditation
- Offshore programme delivery
- Industry training programmes
NB: The programme approval and accreditation rules (above) incorporate the NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Amendment Rules 2015 (PDF, 164KB) that were approved by the Minister on 6 June 2015, which revoked the 2013 Amendment.
If you need to, you can also download the original version of the rules (PDF, 303KB) which do not include the 2013 or 2015 amendments, and were in effect from 1 January 2013 until 11 October 2013.
The Qualification Listing and Operational Rules 2012 (above) incorporate the Qualification Listing and Operational Amendment Rules 2016 (PDF, 152KB), 2015 (PDF, 164KB), and 2013 (PDF, 440KB). If you need to, you can download the original version of the rules (PDF, 360KB) which do not include the 2013 amendments.