- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Planning and tracking NCEA progress - NCEA Student App
The key purpose of the App?
NZQA has developed a mobile App called NCEA Student to help students plan their NCEA study programme, set goals and track their progress. The App complements the NCEA Guide App for parents and employers launched in 2014.
What does the App do?
Students were involved in the design of the App from the beginning, and chose the functions that were of most value to them. Functionality provides students with the ability to:
- Select and set their NCEA credit goals and targets
- See how they are tracking towards NCEA Levels one, two and three, including Literacy, Numeracy and University Entrance (UE)
- Set reminders for each standard such as when assignments are due
- Capture results as they are achieved and cross check with the school or NZQA
- Personalise with information such as NSN number or details about a course or standard (such as the teacher’s name or timetabled classroom)
- Customise with different colour coding options and the ability to add photos
- Use in English and Te Reo Māori.
- It is simple, clear, easy to use and responsive
- It provides a high level description of each standard
- It has its own database, which includes all standards and unit standards and which will be maintained and updated by NZQA periodically
- It has a powerful search engine that makes it easy for students to find subjects and standards by “name” or “number”
- It is an NZQA quality assured product
- It makes NCEA easier to understand.
Anything else you need to know?
Users are responsible for the security of their own data – NZQA recommends a PIN number on the phone as a minimum, and a password (a “settings” option) on the App. Responsibility for the accuracy of the information in the App rests with the App user and NZQA recommends backing up your device. It is your information and your data, entered by you.
- iOS: 7.1 and later and Android: 4.0 and later.
- The App is optimised for use on iPhone 5 and greater, and Android 4.1 or greater.
- The App will run on tablets aswell.
The NCEA Guide App is free to download - get it now from: