- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Assessment Support Materials: Mau Rākau
Kia ora and welcome to the Mau Rākau assessment support material.
These resources have been designed to assist teachers and tutors in assessing students against the relevant Mau Rākau unit standards listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards (DAS).
Alternatively, they can be used as a guide to help assessors develop their own tasks and assessment schedules.
Each assessment guide is made up of:
- Assessment activity instruction sheet
- Candidate's guide sheet
- Assessment activity
- Assessment schedule guide.
The guides have been developed to support the assessment of the Mau Rākau unit standards Levels 1 - 4.
NZQA would like to acknowledge the efforts of all those whose work and experience have yielded this practical resource.
To find out which unit standards your learning institute has consent to assess, you can check the NZQA website’s consent to assess scope for providers.
For further information, contact Māori Qualifications Services
Show all Field Māori
Assessment Support Materials