- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Reo Māori: Level 1 Resources
The resources contained in this section have been trialed by secondary schools and other education and training providers throughout New Zealand.
They are intended as a guideline for implementation of assessment against unit standards.
The sample programme meets the requirements of Year 11 Te Reo Māori programmes that assess Unit Standards at Level 1.
The assessment outline can be included as the planning document for moderation purposes.
Teachers should read the unit standards, Whakamārama (explanatory notes), assessment activities and schedules carefully before delivery. Some resource preparation may be needed in the assessment activities.
Particular skills and knowledge may need to be learnt by students before or while attempting some assessment activities.
The assessment activities can be adapted to meet student needs and individual programmes.
|Tōku Kotahi||T 1, 3, 4||T 1|
|Taku Kōrero||T 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Taitama Tepetepe||T 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Nō Whea Au?||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Ō Tātai e Tama||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Taku Kāinga||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4||T 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Ngā Hanga Korero||T 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Kua Hora te Kai||T4|
Teachers are encouraged to use their own programmes and select or design their own assessment activities and schedules. New or adapted activities should be moderated before use.
Teachers can file material in portfolios for their own management systems and encourage students to set up and manage their own portfolios.
Sample formats for portfolios are included in this section.
For further information, contact Māori Qualifications Service