- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Assessment Support Materials: Tourism Māori
The following assessment schedules have been developed by the Tourism Māori Resource Development Group as a resource to support Tourism Māori tutors. They outline and give examples relating to student assessment and have a direct link to the corresponding unit standard.
They are a resource and are available for tutors to use how they see fit.
Environmental Tourism Māori
Identify, and explain the history of, natural attractions and significant sites in tourism Māori
Identify and explain kaitiaki practices in tourism Māori
|Schedule (DOC, 901KB)|
Tourism Māori Practices
Explain the importance, and demonstrate correct pronunciation, of Māori place names in tourism
List and use a range of te reo Māori greetings and farewells in tourism
Demonstrate knowledge of key forms of Māori communication and the significance of Māori identity in tourism Māori
Explain the value and benefits of whānau in tourism Māori
Examine and recite appropriate karakia in tourism Māori
Explain the importance of respecting Māori customs and practices in tourism Māori
Plan, conduct, and evaluate a tour on a marae
Demonstrate knowledge of essential aspects of marae tikanga in tourism Māori
Discuss ngā hekenga mai and iwi settlement, and compare Māori customs with those of another Polynesian people
For the most up to date unit standards available in subfield Tourism Māori, please check the NZQA website.
For further information, contact Māori Qualifications Service.
Show all Field Māori Assessment Support Materials.
Click on the logo to check out the Mātauranga Māori STEM resources for teachers on the Pond