- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Assessment Support Materials: Whakairo
These resources were reviewed and updated in March 2016 to support the interpretation of the Te Ara Tauira Whakairo unit standards and to show how Merit and Excellence grades in these unit standards can be meaningfully assessed.
These materials are intended as a guide only and it is expected that assessors or tutors will adapt them and develop assessments that are relevant to the context that their assessment occurs in.
NZQA would like to acknowledge the efforts of all those whose work and experience have yielded this practical resource.
|Te Ara Tauira Whakairo|
|23005||Demonstrate knowledge of carving|
|23006||Demonstrate knowledge of how a carver shows meaning in their carvings|
|23007||Demonstrate knowledge of carving designs and their meaning|
|23008||Describe carved images, objects, and their uses|
|23009||Identify and apply Māori art conventions, design elements and principles to explore whakairo|
|23010||Generate, develop and refine visual ideas in whakairo|
|23011||Demonstrate knowledge of whakairo production for meaning, intention, function and an artist's methodologies|
|23012||Demonstrate knowledge of function and significance to explore the value of whakairo|
|23013||Apply Māori art conventions, designs and practices to develop whakairo|
|23014||Develop ideas to create whakairo|
|23015||Examine meaning in particular whakairo situations|
|23016||Examine and interpret change in particular whakairo situations|
For the most up to date unit standards available in subfield Whakairo, please check the NZQA website.
For further information, contact Māori Qualifications Services.