- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Field Māori Programme Development Support
Māori Qualifications Services has available a selection of downloadable resources to assist programme developers.
Qualifications Support Materials
Programme guidance material is available to assist in the development of programmes to meet the graduate profile outcomes of qualifications in the following areas:
- Early Learning (Mātauranga Māori)
- Teacher Education (Mātauranga Māori)
- Te Reo Māori me Ngā Tikanga
- Tourism Māori
Optional assessment standards to support programme development
Assessment standards may be incorporated into programmes of study and used to provide assessment evidence towards the achievement of qualification outcomes.
To provide guidance and/or assistance for programme developers and organisations, assessment standards have been reviewed and aligned to the graduate profile outcomes of mātauranga Māori qualifications in the following areas:
- Environment Māori
- Governance of Māori Authorities
- Mahinga Kai (PDF, 220KB)
- Te Reo Māori
- Tourism Māori
- Wāhi Tapu
There are other standards in the same and other domains of Field Māori that may be relevant as well.
If your organisation has consent to assess against Field Māori unit standards (and other assessment standards), you can incorporate the standards, as appropriate, in your programmes of study. To find out which assessment standards your organisation has consent to assess, you can look under the NZQA website’s consent to assess scope for Providers.
A range of assessment support materials is also available to help teaching staff assess learners against unit standards listed on the Field Māori section of the Directory of Assessment Standards.
For more information, please contact Māori Qualifications Services.