- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Mandatory Review of Field Māori Qualifications
NZQA’s Māori Qualifications Services team will work with qualifications developers to ensure the groups of qualifications being reviewed are appropriate and comprehensive.
Māori Qualifications Services is currently involved in the following Mandatory Reviews of Field Māori qualifications. For updates and information please click on the links provided below.
- Early Childhood Education
- Environment Māori and Whenua
- Health and Disabilities, Social Services and Whānau Ora
- Māori Governance
- Manaaki Marae – Marae Hospitality
- Māori Business and Management
- Ngā Toi Māori – Māori Creative and Performing Arts
- Teacher Education
- Te Reo Māori
- Tourism Māori
These reviews and resulting qualifications are all being evaluated through the Mātauranga Māori Evaluative Quality Assurance process.
The mandatory reviews are aimed at reducing the duplication and proliferation of qualifications on a national scale, and to ensure that qualifications are useful, relevant and valuable to current and future learners, employers, whānau, hapū, iwi and other stakeholders.
We welcome questions, ideas, contributions towards the reviews and expressions of interests in being involved. These can be forwarded to email@example.com.
For other Field Māori qualifications mandatory reviews currently underway, please contact the review lead.