- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Mātauranga Māori Evaluative Quality Assurance
Ka tuhi, ka rapa i te wairere
The raw form of pounamu
Mātauranga Māori Evaluative Quality Assurance (MM EQA) stems from commitments in NZQAs first official Māori Strategy, Te Rautaki Māori 2007-2012.
Since the Strategy’s release in 2007 NZQA has embarked on a major programme to develop appropriate tools and processes to quality assure mātauranga Māori qualifications, programmes and providers. Mātauranga Māori Evaluative Quality Assurance is the result.
In May 2012 the NZQA Board and Ngā Kaitūhono returned to Waiwhetu Marae for the blessing of the Mātauranga Māori Quality Assurance Mark and launch of MM EQA. A large group including the Mātauranga Māori Working Group, NZQA Staff and other key stakeholders braved the early morning cold to share this important occasion
MM EQA is a partnership between mātauranga Māori and the evaluative quality assurance approach. Te Hono o Te Kahurangi sits at the heart of MM EQA and represents the significant point of difference in how mātauranga Māori qualifications, programmes and providers are quality assured under MM EQA.
Developers and providers of mātauranga Māori qualifications and programmes can opt-in to the MM EQA pathway for:
Approval to develop and approval to list a qualification at levels 1 to 6 on the NZQF,
Programme approval and accreditation leading to qualification at levels 1 to 6 on the NZQF,
External evaluation and review.
Support is available to help those interested in MM EQA to make an informed decision about whether MM EQA is the right pathway for them. Contact our Client Services team for more information.
Nurturing and recognising excellence in mātauranga Māori through the award of the Mātauranga Māori quality assurance mark, and the promotion and implementation of MM EQA are a key focus of Te Rautaki Māori 2012-2017.