- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Te Hono o Te Kahurangi - Programme approval
Education organisations can develop programmes that lead to qualifications listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
Ngā pātai aromātai – key evaluative questions
The decision to approve a new Te Hono o Te Kahurangi programme leading to a Te Hono o Te Kahurangi qualification is based on the ‘quality and sufficiency of evidence’ provided in the application.
Ngā pātai aromātai are key evaluative questions used by evaluators to help guide the enquiry process related to respective NZQA business processes.
See section 6 of the Te Hono o te Kahurangi guidelines (PDF, 1.1MB).
The decision to approve a Te Hono o Te Kahurangi programme leading to a Te Hono o Te Kahurangi qualification is made by answering the following pātai aromātai:
Ka pēhea te hanganga o te hōtaka e tutuki pai ai ngā hiahia o ngā ākonga, o te hunga whai pānga me ngā kaupapa hoki o Te Hono o Te Kahurangi?
Ngā paearu – evaluative rubrics
Ngā paearu are evaluative rubrics that outline criteria used by evaluators when making judgements about the quality of an organisation’s overall performance and reflective practice.
See section 6 of the Te Hono o te Kahurangi guidelines.
|Ngā paearu – Approval of a programme|
|Te taumata||Ngā taunaki|
|He pounamu kahurangi|| |
ALL the following:
|He pounamu|| |
ANY of the following:
Making links between the programme and the graduate outcomes
For guidance on making links between the programme and the graduate outcomes of the qualification the programme leads to, see Alignment of programme learning outcomes (DOCX, 23KB).