- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Conversations on Mātauranga Māori
Conversations on Mātauranga Māori is a collection of critical essays that focuses on creating pathways to help refine our understandings and descriptions of mātauranga Māori.
This publication is presented in two parts. In the first, Ngā Kaitūhono members present individual contributions that aim to provide the reader with concepts, theories, frameworks, and ideas about mātauranga Māori. The second part describes the development of the Mātauranga Māori Evaluative Quality Assurance (MM EQA) framework, tools, processes and the Mātauranga Māori Quality Assurance Mark.
NZQA produced this publication to support the advanced use of mātauranga Māori, which is one of the goals in the Māori education strategy, Te Rautaki Māori a te Mana Tohu Mātauranga o Aotearoa 2012-2017.
Conversations on Mātauranga Māori will be useful for students and academics interested in the 'conversation' on Māori advancement in social, cultural, educational, and economic development.