- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Approval of programmes of industry training
Programmes of industry training are developed by Industry Training Organisations (ITOs). The programmes lead to qualifications listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).
Programmes of industry training provide structured learning arrangements for industry trainees, and assessments are carried out by or on behalf of an ITO.
A programme of industry training can be at any NZQF level and can provide a range of vocational learning opportunities.
Rules for programmes of industry training
NZQA has made NZQF Industry Training Programme Approval Rules that apply to ITOs seeking approval under section 249 of the Education Act 1989.
Programme of industry training guidelines
NZQA provides guidance for ITOs seeking approval for programmes of industry training: Guidelines for applying for approval of programmes leading to New Zealand qualifications at Levels 1-6 on the NZQF and the accreditation of organisations to provide approved programmes (PDF, 545KB).