- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Apply for consent to assess
To apply for consent to assess, submit an online application.
The application should contain all the required information specified in the Guidelines for applying for consent to assess standards listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards (PDF, 476KB) effective from 1 January 2017.
Any applications for consent to assess submitted after 1 January 2017 must use these guidelines.
What happens next?
Evaluation of application
An evaluator conducts an in-depth analysis of the documents included in the application to determine whether the application meets the requirements for consent to assess.
If key documents are missing or incomplete, NZQA will request the applicant to provide the relevant information within 15 working days.
Once all requirements are met, NZQA grants consent to assess and updates the organisation's details on the NZQA website.
NZQA sets a timeframe of 45 working days for processing consent to assess applications.
For further information/queries, contact Approvals and Accreditation.