- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Applying for degree approval and accreditation
Applicants must make an online application for degree programme approval and/or accreditation using the TEO secure login.
Because the proposed degree qualification and programme are so closely associated, institutions must submit both in the same application.
The application should address all qualification and programme criteria and demonstrate how the quality management system has been applied in developing the programme.
Supporting documentation for the degree approval and/or accreditation application
See the Guidelines for detailed information about what information and supporting documentation NZQA needs.
This will include details about the research activity of staff teaching the proposed degree programme.
Applicants should include a list of panel nominees, along with their CVs, in the online application.
How to submit an application online
Follow the steps below to apply for degree approval and/or accreditation online:
- Log in using your ESAA ID and password.
- Choose "TEO Applications".
- Create an application.
- Select "Degree approval and accreditation". This takes you to an application overview.
- Click on contact details. The contact details page will be pre-populated with your organisation’s contact details. You should make any changes necessary to ensure the details are appropriate for the programme and/or accreditation.
- On the application/request detail page complete the relevant fields.
- On the Supporting documents page, attach the completed application form, as a Word document, along with all required documentation and evidence in PDF format.
An email acknowledging receipt of your application will be generated automatically and sent to you.
Copies of documentation for evaluation panel members
The applicant must prepare copies of the application documentation so that copies can be sent to panel members as soon as the members are confirmed.