- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Rules and legislation for approval and accreditation
NZQA rules are made under section 253 of the Education Act 1989, which gives NZQA the authority to make rules for the quality assurance processes for which it is responsible. Approval and accreditation is required under sections 249 and 250 of the Act.
NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2013 are the NZQA rules covering the approval of programmes of study and accreditation for these programmes.
NZQF Industry Training Programme Approval Rules 2012 are the NZQA rules covering the approval of programmes of industry training.
Education organisations planning offshore delivery of a programme leading to an NZQF qualification must meet the NZQF Offshore Programme Delivery Rules 2012.