- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Change to a PTE's governing member(s)
As part of maintaining registration, a private training establishment (PTE) must notify NZQA of any intended changes to its governing members.
This must be done by a representative of the PTE using the TEO Online Services.
What is a governing member?
Under section 233A of the Education Act 1989, a governing member is defined as:
- any director
- any member occupying a position equivalent to that of a director
- if the establishment is a trust, any trustee
- if the establishment is a partnership, any partner
- any senior manager, defined as either the chief executive officer or person occupying an equivalent position; or any member of staff in charge of academic issues, marketing, administration, finance, student fee trust funds or student services
- any shareholder with a controlling interest in the establishment.
Information NZQA needs for a change to governing member(s)
The notification must include:
- details of the change, including precise details as to when or how the changes will occur
- a completed and signed fit and proper person statutory declaration for each new governing member
- an updated organisation chart including the proposed new governing member(s).
Notify NZQA of a change to governing member(s)
To submit a change in governing member to NZQA, make an online application using TEO Self Services:
- Log on to the TEO Self Services using your ESAA user ID and password.
- Select TEO Applications > Create Application.
- Choose Other application.
- Enter the details in the application wizard. Attach all supporting documentation to the application.
What happens next?
NZQA analyses the notification of the change to governing member(s).
NZQA charges $150 per hour (GST exclusive) for analysing a change to a PTE's governing member(s).
If you have any questions, contact Client Services.