- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
English Language (formerly ESOL) Assessment Resources
Resources have been written to support the English Language Level 3 and 4 unit standards. They assist assessors to develop their own quality assessment material. The material is intended to:
- be relevant to both the secondary and tertiary setting
- provide a model to assist assessors to develop further tasks that promote quality assessment of English Language unit standards
- make it easier for assessors to assess effectively and efficiently.
These resources are intended as a guide only and it is expected that assessors will adapt these and develop assessments that are relevant to the context their assessment occurs in.
These resources align with the New Zealand Certificate in English Language graduate profile outcomes. They replace the resources for ESOL Level 3 and Level 4 unit standards, which are expiring.
|Student guidelines (PDF, 80KB) |
Users are encouraged to trial these resources, and share their usefulness or otherwise as feedback to National Qualifications Services.
Resources for English for Academic Purposes (EAP) standards have been moved to the EAP assessment resources page.