- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Instructions for making online applications
- Pre-approval of Applications for national representation must be submitted before the date of the examination(s) for which a derived grade is sought.
- Friday 16 October 2017: facility to submit applications online opens
- Thursday 2 November 2017, 4 pm: closing date for applications for Design and Visual Communication, Level 3 Education for Sustainability, Technology or Level 3 Visual Arts
- Friday 8 December 2017, 4 pm: closing date for all other online applications.
- Log into to the high security area.
- Select Process Derived Grade Applications from the high-security area menu.
- Search for the candidate by surname/first names or National Student Number (NSN), and select the candidate from the list. NB: only one candidate can be selected at a time.
- Enter the reason, with details, for the derived grade application and enter confirmation of available evidence supporting the application.
- Once this has been confirmed, the sessions and standards entered for a candidate will show.
- Click on the session name that the application relates to and the standards the candidate has entered for that examination session will be displayed.
- Enter a derived grade, based on pre-existing standard-specific evidence for each standard for which a derived grade is being sought. No derived grade is possible if the school holds no standard-specific evidence.
- Click the “Submit” button to save the application and return to the candidate application screen.
- Repeat until all necessary exam sessions have been dealt with.
- You may hit the “Cancel” link at any stage. However, any application information entered will not be saved.
- You can revisit an application until the closing date.
- Print out the Derived Grade listings as a record when online applications are complete.
- Retain the application form and information until applications open online the following year.
When a candidate wishes to proceed with an application against school advice, enter the reason(s) why the school considers that the application does not meet NZQA guidelines. NZQA will contact you before declining any application.