- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Computer use in Exams
Computers are used in exams where a
- supervisor plays DVDs in Drama, Languages, Music, Te Reo Māori or Te Reo Rangatira exams
- student has been approved with this entitlement as a special assessment condition.
Before the external examinations students and Principal's Nominee should read the information on their responsibilities for using a computer.
At the end of each examination:
- candidates must complete the Use of a Computer in Examinations form
- Principal's Nominee's must complete the Use of a Computer in Examinations form
For all computers used, the Principals’ Nominee should ensure that staff providing this resource or technical support are:
- briefed about specific requirements for the exam period, including when and where the exams are to be held
- timetabled to provide technical support during relevant exam sessions, especially for recording/burning CDs and when computers are being used
- aware when they are timetabled to be onsite, and are readily contactable.
Separate accommodation may be shared by students using computers. More than one student approved for computer use can be in the same room.