- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
The Principal's Nominee
On an annual basis, the Principal of a School with Consent to Assess must nominate a staff member to be the Principal's Nominee.
The role of the Principal's Nominee is described in Section 4 of the Assessment (including Examination) Rules for Schools with Consent to Assess. Parts of the role may be delegated to share responsibility and ensure all aspects of the role are completed.
A list of Action items for Principal's Nominees by calendar month is also provided to act as a guide for Principal's Nominees.
Each year, early in term one, NZQA runs seminars for Principal's Nominees. These provide opportunities to share good practice in managing assessment for qualifications and update Principal's Nominees on NZQA policy and processes.
NZQA has produced a guide Effective Practice in Schools (DOCX, 204KB), which provides schools with ideas for effective leadership of assessment for qualifications by Principal's Nominees.