- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
The assessment plan precedes the moderation plan and contributes directly to it. It lists the NZQA-managed standards for which the education organisation has consent to assess and, in the case of secondary schools, for which results were reported in the current and previous year. This plan enables NZQA to complete the moderation plan.
Tertiary Education Organisations - indicate which NZQA-managed standards the TEO will assess in the next moderation cycle, and when the assessment materials will be available for moderation (mandatory).
Secondary Schools - indicate the school’s preferences for the standards they would like to see moderated in the next moderation cycle (optional).
See more detailed information here (PDF, 80KB).
Training and support materials for using the external moderation application can be found here.