- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Annual self-review and attestation
Education providers that are signatories of the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 (the Code) must undertake and document self-review of its performance against the required outcomes and processes set out in the Code.
Signatories are required to attest annually to NZQA that they have undertaken this self-review. This applies even if an education organisation does not have international students currently enrolled.
Education organisations that are signatories to the Code must:
- complete a self-review of how they are meeting the Code outcomes
- document the self-review for their own records and external evaluation and review (see optional template (DOCX, 34KB))
- complete the self-review attestation form (DOC, 869KB) online by the date given by NZQA.
Each year, signatories must submit a self-review attestation to NZQA. NZQA will inform signatories when the self-review attestations are due.
How to undertake a self-review
Organisations need to evaluate their performance by:
- gathering data about their pastoral care of international students (e.g. processes, student support, surveys of students or others)
- reflecting on the data (e.g. gaps, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities)
- coming to conclusions about their own effectiveness
- using the reflections to make ongoing improvements to pastoral care of international students.
Organisations need to keep a record of the self-review, including the evidence, for their own quality assurance purposes, as well as for external evaluation and review.
How to submit a self-review attestation
Tertiary organisations and schools use their online service to submit the self-review attestation form.
For further information contact email@example.com (for all education organisations).