- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Becoming a signatory to the 2016 Code of Practice
The following education providers can apply to become signatories to the new Code of Practice:
- a registered school
- an institution (as defined in section 159 of the Education Act 1989)
- an NZQA-registered private training establishment (PTE).
To apply to become a signatory, please complete the signatory application form (DOCX, 311KB) and supply the supporting information requested on the form.
To submit the application, follow the instructions in the form.
If you wish to have approval as a school hostel under Clause 24 of the Code of Practice, please contact NZQA by email at email@example.com.
Exchange programme organisations
New Zealand-approved exchange programme organisations must meet the outcomes of the Code of Practice, although they cannot be signatories to the Code of Practice.
The ongoing responsibilities of signatories
After becoming a signatory to the Code of Practice, a provider must:
- undertake and document self-review of its performance against the required outcomes and processes set out in the Code of Practice
- attest to NZQA annually about the completion of this self-review.
For further information, see Annual self-review and attestation.
Accessing the secure TEO login
If your organisation does not have a secure TEO login see Education Sector Access Request Information or contact the Ministry of Education Service Desk on 0800 422-599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of Practice toolbox
To help signatories deliver effective and appropriate pastoral care, there is a toolbox of examples and other resources for the Code of Practice.
These are examples that your organisation can modify for your own purposes.