- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Guidelines to support the new Code of Practice
The guidelines below support signatories, and potential signatories, to establish practices that meet the legislative outcomes of the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 – the new Code of Practice.
The new Code of Practice prescribes the required outcomes signatories need to deliver for their international students.
These guidelines were developed in consultation with schools and tertiary providers.
Guidelines for schools to support the new Code of Practice
These guidelines give comprehensive and targeted guidance to enable schools to put in place processes that appropriately support international students.
Guidelines for tertiary providers to support the new Code of Practice
These guidelines reflect the principles that underpin the new Code of Practice outcomes.
The guidance is flexible, allowing each provider to tailor their support of international students to their particular needs and context.