- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Code of Practice toolbox
- What you need to know about this toolbox
- Outcome 1: Marketing and promotion
- Outcome 2: Managing and monitoring agents
- Outcome 3: Offers, enrolment and contracts
- Outcome 4: Immigration matters
- Outcome 5: Orientation
- Outcome 6: Safety and well-being
- Outcome 7: Student support, advice and services
- Outcome 8: Managing withdrawal and closure
- Outcomes 9 and 10: Grievance procedures
What you need to know about this toolbox
NZQA has worked with the education sector to develop an online resource for Code of Practice signatories. This toolbox reflects the sector's wish for a single place to share and access information that supports them to meet the outcomes of the Code of Practice.
As a result, this toolbox will evolve as more feedback and new material is received.
Using the toolbox material
The toolbox is organised into material that relates to each outcome (see the navigation bar to the left).
Please consider your particular organisation and the specific needs of your international students when using these materials. Modify them as necessary to fit your situation.
Any and all material supplied in this toolbox is or will be supplied as an EXAMPLE ONLY and will not necessarily be appropriate for a signatory's particular circumstances.
All documents used should be approved by a signatory's governing board and independent legal advice should also be sought.
Giving feedback on and contributing to this toolbox
If you have any feedback or want to contribute any materials to this toolbox, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted material must meet quality criteria to be added to the toolbox and NZQA protects the privacy of any contributors or individuals named in the materials unless this is waived.
By submitting material for the toolbox you are allowing other organisations to use and adapt the material and are relinquishing any intellectual property rights you may have in relation to this material.
Get a copy of the Code of Practice
You can find the Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 on the New Zealand Legislation website.
You can download a pdf copy by clicking the pdf icon in the top right-hand corner of the page.
For more information on the Code of Practice see The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016.