- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
First aid focused reviews
In 2013, NZQA undertook focused reviews of all first aid providers who underwent an external evaluation and review (EER) between September 2009 and July 2012.
The reviews were undertaken to assure the public that organisations are complying with the first aid training requirements, First Aid as a Life Skill (PDF, 60KB), and the Consent to assess against standards on the Directory of Assessment Standards Rules 2011 (PDF, 53KB).
Findings and further actions arising from the reviews are summarised in a letter to the sector from NZQA's Chief Executive, Karen Poutasi.
The reviews are part of a wider process of ensuring consistent delivery of standards and training requirements for the first aid sector.
Below are pdf copies of the reports. Following the findings of the focused reviews, PTEs were required to take action to ensure compliance. Statements of compliance pdfs are listed alongside the corresponding report.
|MoE no.||Company name||Location||Statement of compliance|
|8260||Fire and Emergency Training Solutions Ltd||Lower Hutt||Fire and Emergency Training Solutions Statement of Compliance|
|7882||Fire Rescue and First Response Ltd||Whangaparoa||Fire Rescue and First Response Statement of Compliance|
|7810||First Training Ltd||Auckland||First Training Statement of Compliance|
|9454||First Aid Specialists Ltd||Paraparaumu||Not yet fully compliant |
|8380||Life Care Consultants Ltd||Hamilton||Life Care Consultants Statement of Compliance |
|7901||Links Training (2008) Ltd||Levin||Links Training Statement of Compliance|
|8896||New Zealand Red Cross||Wellington||New Zealand Red Cross Statement of Compliance|
|8209||Pro + Med Ltd||Washdyke, Timaru||Fully compliant at the time of the focused review|
|7666||ProAction Medical Ltd||Auckland||Fully compliant at the time of the focused review|
|7321||St John||Auckland||St John Statement of Compliance|