- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Approval of training schemes - overview
Training schemes are smaller than programmes and are approved if they are genuinely needed by learners and stakeholders.
Training schemes must have a coherent structure that allows learners to achieve the learning outcomes.
They must also have an appropriate New Zealand Qualifications Framework level and incorporate sufficient learning to demonstrate a progression of knowledge.
For more information see the training scheme approval page.