- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Monitoring of degree programmes at levels 7-10 - overview
After a degree programme at New Zealand Qualifications Framework level 7 and above is approved, NZQA appoints an independent monitor for the degree. The monitor visits the tertiary education organisation annually to check if the degree is being delivered as approved and reports back to NZQA.
NZQA follows up any recommendations from the report with the tertiary education organisation.
After a suitable amount of time, NZQA can give the tertiary education organisation permission to self-monitor.
For more information see the degrees and related qualifications monitoring page.