- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Quick links to NZQF documents
Below is a list of frequently used documents and resources for the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, followed by a summary of the process for qualifications review, development and approval.
Degrees and Related Qualifications: Programme Approval and Accreditation to Provide Programmes
Qualifications review documents
To report results of the qualifications review process, complete and submit:
NZQF6 was updated to version 1.2 in March 2012.
Qualification owners need to complete NZQF6 to confirm their acceptance of the proposed new suite of qualifications arising from the review.
This spreadsheet enables the progress of each review to be tracked. The spreadsheet shows the review start date, the number of qualifications involved and when the review plan and the review are due. It also lists the key contact person for each review.
Qualifications application forms
For applications to develop new qualifications, complete and submit:
Qualification developers also need to provide: a needs analysis and "the story" including evidence of decision-making so the analyst can understand how agreement was reached.
For applications for approval of developed qualifications, complete and submit:
This document needs to have been completed by all stakeholders involved in the qualification development who have been identified in Section 10 of NZQF3.