- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
New Zealand Scholarship Art History
On this page:
|2016 Assessment Report|
|Scholarship Performance Standard (93301)||Art History|
|Mode of Assessment||Written Examination|
Format for the assessment
There will be three sections to the exam paper.
Candidates will be required to answer three questions, one from each section.
There will be three questions in Section A, three questions in Section B, and one question in Section C.
Questions in Section A focus principally on aspects or elements of art.
Questions in Section B require a response to the broader issues of art history.
The question in Section C will require critical analysis of the given text and discussion of its relevance to art.
Resources or information supplied
There will be a question booklet and a separate answer booklet.
Each answer is marked out of 8 marks, making a total of 24 marks.
Candidates are advised not to repeat the same information in their answers.
The links listed below are for resources to help teachers and students understand what is required for success in New Zealand Scholarship.
- Performance standards
- Sample Question Booklet and Assessment Schedule for 2017 (ZIP, 383KB)
- Outstanding Scholarship Exemplar (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Scholarship Exemplar (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Exam materials (question books, resource books, reports, schedules, etc)
- 2016 exam materials (ZIP, 3.7MB)
- 2015 exam materials (ZIP, 5.9MB)
- 2014 exam materials (ZIP, 23MB)
- 2013 exam materials (ZIP, 7.6MB)
- 2012 exam materials (ZIP, 15MB)
- 2011 exam materials (ZIP, 4.8MB)
- 2010 exam materials (ZIP, 573KB)
- 2009 exam materials (ZIP, 6.1MB)
- 2008 exam materials (ZIP, 624KB)
- 2007 exam materials (ZIP, 766KB)
- 2006 exam materials (ZIP, 980KB)
- 2005 exam materials (ZIP, 331KB)
- 2004 exam materials (ZIP, 759KB)
- All years (ZIP, 32MB)