- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
New Zealand Scholarship Geography
On this page:
|Scholarship Performance Standard (93401)||Geography|
|Mode of Assessment||Written Examination|
Format of the assessment
The examination will be resource-based.
In 2017, the examination questions and resource booklet will focus on technology in a geographic context.
Some resource materials (such as maps, text, photographs, models, graphs, tables, and cartoons) related to this theme will be provided to assist candidates.
Candidates will be required to complete questions that involve critically analysing, processing, selecting, extracting, justifying, predicting, integrating, and presenting information.
Candidates will be required to include relevant original visuals that will enhance their answers.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate understanding of a range of geographic perspectives and to use their geographic knowledge, skills, and understanding to support their answers.
Equipment to bring
Calculators are permitted.
Candidates should use coloured pencils in their diagrams/maps. Annotations on these diagrams/maps must be in pen. Any work done in pencil will not be eligible for reconsideration.
The links listed below are for resources to help teachers and students understand what is required for success in New Zealand Scholarship.
- Performance standards
- Top Scholar 2015 (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Outstanding Scholarship Exemplar (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Scholarship Exemplar (PDF, 11MB)
- Exam materials (question books, resource books, reports, schedules, etc)
- 2015 exam materials (ZIP, 15MB)
- 2014 exam materials (ZIP, 933KB)
- 2013 exam materials (ZIP, 12MB)
- 2012 exam materials (ZIP, 9.7MB)
- 2011 exam materials (ZIP, 6.1MB)
- 2010 exam materials (ZIP, 650KB)
- 2009 exam materials (ZIP, 1.9MB)
- 2008 exam materials (ZIP, 1.9MB)
- 2007 exam materials (ZIP, 1.1MB)
- 2006 exam materials (ZIP, 1.4MB)
- 2005 exam materials (ZIP, 1.6MB)
- 2004 exam materials (ZIP, 746KB)
- All years (ZIP, 40MB)