- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
New Zealand Scholarship Statistics
On this page:
|Scholarship Performance Standard (93201)||Statistics|
|Mode of Assessment||Written Examination|
Format of the assessment
Questions will be set in the areas of Statistical investigation, Statistical literacy, and Probability (which may include use of permutations, combinations, and expectation), all having real-life contexts. Individual questions may cover the content of more than one area. There will be an overall theme with an emphasis on data analysis and interpretation.
Equipment to bring
An approved calculator is required.
Resources or information supplied
The Level 3 Statistics Useful formulae sheet (PDF, 578KB) in detachable form will be provided, and incorporated within the question booklet. A separate answer booklet will be provided, in which candidates will be expected to set out their own answers.
Further clarification of the standard
It is expected that all relevant working will be shown. The accuracy of calculated answers should be appropriate to the context of the question.
Data sets with statistical output will be provided if appropriate to the question. Some questions will have minimal scaffolding, such that students will be expected to organise their own answers.
The links listed below are for resources to help teachers and students understand what is required for success in New Zealand Scholarship.
- Performance standards
- Top Scholar 2015 (PDF, 6.7MB)
- Outstanding Scholarship Exemplar (PDF, 59MB)
- Scholarship Exemplar (PDF, 50MB)
- Exam materials (question books, resource books, reports, schedules, etc)
- 2015 exam materials (ZIP, 9.2MB)
- 2014 exam materials (ZIP, 7.9MB)
- 2013 exam materials (ZIP, 15MB)
- 2012 exam materials (ZIP, 6.1MB)
- 2011 exam materials (ZIP, 3.9MB)
- 2010 exam materials (ZIP, 1.3MB)
- 2009 exam materials (ZIP, 1.4MB)
- 2008 exam materials (ZIP, 2MB)
- 2007 exam materials (ZIP, 1.8MB)
- 2006 exam materials (ZIP, 1.3MB)
- 2005 exam materials (ZIP, 1.1MB)
- 2004 exam materials (ZIP, 1.7MB)
- All years (ZIP, 35MB)