- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Top Scholar Awards Ceremony
New Zealand Scholarship examinations assess students against challenging standards and are demanding for the most able students.
NZQA celebrated the success of the highest-achieving New Zealand Scholarship students at the annual Top Scholar Awards Ceremony hosted at Parliament by Education Minister Hekia Parata on 4 May 2016.
The awards recognised the 36 elite students who make up the 2015 Premier Award and Top Subject Scholarship Award winners.
Prime Minister John Key also announced the recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for Academic Excellence: Oxana Repina, formerly of Rutherford College.
The official presentations were followed by light refreshments and a chance for the Top Scholars to meet the Minister and Prime Minister.