- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Previous Top Scholars
The winner of the Prime Minister’s Award for Academic Excellence has the most outstanding New Zealand Scholarship examination results and the highest overall academic excellence out of all the Premier Award winners in the annual examinations.
In 2015, it was awarded to Joshua Hansen from
Westlake Boys' High School
In 2014, it was awarded to Byung-Cheol Cho from
Auckland Grammar School
In 2013, it was jointly awarded to Wellington College students Nicholas On and Thomas Leggat.
In 2012, it was awarded to Jade Fai Leung from St Cuthbert's College.
In 2011, it was awarded to David Bellamy from Christ's College.
Winners of the Top Scholars awards for previous years are available at:
To find the scripts, where available, refer to the subject resources page for each subject.
For further details of each year's Scholarship results, see the Annual Reports on NCEA & New Zealand Scholarship Data & Statistics.