- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers & partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation & review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Development of NZ Diploma in Business prescriptions
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Apply for a Pre-assessment Result
A pre-assessment of a qualification that was gained outside New Zealand is required for an 'Expression of Interest' under Immigration NZ's Skilled Migrant Category. A PAR is not sufficient for determining suitability for meeting Immigration New Zealand's Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) requirements. You may require a full International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) if you intend to apply for LTSSL points. If you want more than one qualification pre-assessed, you will need to make a separate application, with separate payment, for each qualification.
The Pre-assessment Result (PAR) is a provisional and non-binding assessment. You will not send any qualifications or supporting documents to NZQA, so the Pre-Assessment Result does not guarantee the result of any future assessment made by NZQA.
How long will it take?
A Pre-assessment Result will be sent to you 20 working days after receipt of a correct and complete application and confirmation of payment. There is no fast-track option for this service.
How do I apply?
Complete the Apply for a Pre-assessment Result online application form. Once complete, you will be given login details and you will be able to return to your application at any time to complete details or check progress. If you already have a login from a previous application, you can use that.
Before proceeding with an application, see Terms and Conditions – Pre-assessment Result (PAR) and the Guide to applying online for a Pre-assessment Result (PAR) (PDF, 253KB).
What does it cost and how do I pay?
See Assessment fees for information about fees and method of payment.