- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
- Providers & partners
- About us
Terms and Conditions - International Qualifications Assessment (IQA)
- As the applicant, you must either yourself or through your agent, fill out all compulsory fields in the application form with true and correct information. If not, NZQA may be unable to process the application.
- You must send a signed cover sheet to NZQA, along with the qualification documents you are required to provide, separately to your application. Your qualification documents will be returned to you provided that either you pay in advance the cost of couriering them to your address or supply a prepaid courier bag.
- Any qualification documents not returned to you because you have either not collected them or not paid for them to be couriered to you or provided a prepaid courier bag yourself, will be held for the relevant period of time required under the Public Records Act 2005, and then disposed of in accordance with that Act.
- NZQA will contact you or your nominated agent, and issue your International Qualification Assessment by post, or courier if you provide a second prepaid courier bag.
- International Qualification Assessments are issued for a number of purposes:
- They are accepted for immigration purposes associated with intended residency in New Zealand under the Skilled Migrant Category, being the same as a Qualifications Assessment Report under clause SM14.35 of the New Zealand Government Residence Policy.
- They can be used for the purpose of carrying out further study in New Zealand, if you are able to lawfully reside in New Zealand.
- They can be used for teaching in New Zealand, if you are able to lawfully reside in New Zealand and if your qualifications are accepted for teaching purposes by the New Zealand Teachers Council.
- They can be used by an employer for the purposes of your application for employment with the employer.
- If you use your International Qualification Assessment for any other purpose than the purpose for which you applied for it, that use is your sole responsibility.
- If your application is for immigration or teaching purposes, NZQA will share your information with Immigration New Zealand or the New Zealand Teachers Council or the Ministry of Education as appropriate.
- If your application contains any false statements, provides any false or misleading information, omits to provide any relevant information, or is altered in any unauthorised manner, your application may be declined or your International Qualification Assessment may later be revoked.
- If the awarding institution of your nominated qualification is not accredited by the national accrediting body for the country involved, or if the accreditation details of the awarding institution of your nominated qualification are not known to NZQA at the time of finalising your application, NZQA will issue an International Qualification Assessment that notes this fact.
- NZQA must be informed by you or your agent if either of your email or physical addresses change during the application process. This will ensure that correspondence can be delivered to the correct address. If your or your agent's address information is inaccurate or if there are email, postal or courier supply problems NZQA cannot be responsible for non-delivery of your International Qualification Assessment.
- You must have the lawful right to provide and use the credit card details that you provide for payment.
- The assessment of your application will not commence until full payment of the application fee is made to NZQA through the online system. If payment is declined at any point, the assessment work will stop until payment is received. If the International Qualification Assessment has been issued but payment of the application fee has been stopped or reversed for any reason, you remain liable to NZQA for payment of the application fee, along with NZQA's costs of collection of that fee from you.
- If the information you submit is not complete, NZQA will notify you at your nominated address. If after six months you have not submitted the outstanding information, NZQA will close your application. A full application fee is payable if a new application is submitted at a later date.
- No refunds of the application fee will be made, unless required by law. However, if you have paid for a fast track application and NZQA is at fault in not meeting the maximum timeframe for processing that application to completion, a refund of the fast track fee is available.
NZQA will hold your application information for the relevant period of time required under the Public Records Act 2005, and then dispose of it in accordance with that Act. The information is held by NZQA at 125 The Terrace, Wellington, 6140, New Zealand.
Aside from sharing your information with Immigration New Zealand or the New Zealand Teachers Council or the Ministry of Education, where your application involves those agencies, NZQA will also share your information with any agent that you nominate, until such time as you give NZQA notice that it should no longer share your information with your agent.
If forged, false, misleading, or altered documents or information is supplied to NZQA with your application, NZQA reserves the right to provide that information to relevant enforcement authorities.
If you are in New Zealand, you have the right to see the information held about you. If you think it is necessary, you may ask for any of the information to be corrected.