- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Terms and Conditions - Overseas Study Assessment (OSA)
- As the applicant, you must fill out all compulsory fields in the online application form with true and correct information. If not, NZQA may be unable to process the application.
- The only document required by NZQA from you is the completed online application form. Please DO NOT SEND any other documents with this online application, as they are not needed. If you do send any other documents, they will be returned only if you supply or pay for a prepaid courier bag, or of they are personally collected. For personal collection, identification is required.
- The NZQA verification is issued only for the purposes of your application to the Commissioner of Inland Revenue under section 38AJ of the Student Loan Scheme Act 1992. If you use it for any other purpose, that is your sole responsibility.
- If you make any false statements, provide any false or misleading information, omit to provide any relevant information, or alter your application is form in any unauthorised manner, your application may be declined or your verification may later be revoked.
- If the awarding institution of your nominated qualification is not accredited by the national accrediting body for the country involved, or if the accreditation details of the awarding institution of your nominated qualification are not known to NZQA at the time of verification, NZQA will issue an Unaccredited Verification.
- NZQA will contact you, and issue your verification, only by email.
- You must inform NZQA if your email address changes during the verification process so that correspondence to you can be delivered to your correct email address. If your email address information is inaccurate or if there are email supply problems NZQA cannot be responsible for non-delivery of your verification.
- You must have the lawful right to provide and use the credit card details that you provide for payment.
- The verification will not commence until full payment of the application fee is made to NZQA. If payment is declined at any point, the verification work will stop until payment is received. If the verification has been issued but payment of the application fee has been stopped or reversed for any reason, you remain liable to NZQA for payment of the application fee, along with NZQA's costs of collection of that fee from you.
- No refunds of the application fee will be made, unless required by law.
NZQA will hold your application information for a period of 6 years. The information is held by NZQA at 125 The Terrace, Wellington, 6140, New Zealand (PO Box 160).
NZQA may share your information with the Inland Revenue Department, given that the purpose of your application is to provide that information to the Inland Revenue Department.
If you are in New Zealand, you have the right to see the information held about you. If you think it is necessary, you may ask for any of the information to be corrected.