- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Mandatory Review of Early Childhood Education (ECE) Qualifications at Levels 1-6
Qualifications Services is pleased to confirm that the new Early Childhood qualifications have been listed.
The following qualifications can now be accessed through the NZQA links below or by searching for the qualification reference number or title.
- NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Learning and Care (Level 2) (40 credits) [Ref: 2848]
- NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 3) (60 credits) [Ref: 2849]
- NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 4) (60 credits) [Ref: 2850]
- NZ Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 5) (120 credits) [Ref: 2851]
- NZ Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 6) (120 credits) [Ref: 2852]
Mātauranga Māori Suite
- He Taonga Te Mokopuna (Kaupae 2) [Ref: 2854]
- Te Mana o Te Mokopuna (Kaupae 3) [Ref: 2855]
- Te Puāwaitanga o Te Mokopuna (Kaupae 4) [Ref: 2856]
- Te Tipuranga o Te Mokopuna (Kaupae 5) [Ref: 2857]
- Te Rangatiratanga o Te Mokopuna (Kaupae 6) [Ref: 2858]
Guidance material is available to assist in the development of programmes to meet the graduate profile outcomes of qualifications in the Mātauranga Māori Early Learning area.
We acknowledge and thank all those who have taken the time to contribute to the development process. Special thanks to the Governance Group for their strategic leadership and guidance, and to the Working Group members who have dedicated many hours contributing to, and refining, the development of these qualifications. Mokori anō te mihi ki a koutou katoa.
Thank you for your continuing support and involvement in the Mandatory Review of ECE qualifications.
Standards development and review project
NZQA National Qualifications Services invited expressions of interest to be involved in working group/s, supporting email network or wider consultation network for the development and review of Early Childhood unit standards in mid-2015, to ensure there is a suite of unit standards suitable for those who wish to use standards as assessment tools in programmes towards the following three new qualifications:
- NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Learning and Care (Level 2) (40 credits)[Ref: 2848]
- NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 3) (60 credits)[Ref: 2849]
- NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 4) (60 credits)[Ref: 2850]
We welcome your involvement in this project, further information is available from the ECE standards development and review webpage.
Contact for the review
Updates will be posted on this website. If you wish to subscribe to receive email updates, and/or make contact regarding the ECE review, please email email@example.com. We welcome questions, ideas, contributions towards the needs analysis, and expressions of interest in being involved.