- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Health and Disabilities, Social Services and Whānau Ora Qualifications Review 2013-2015
The Governance Group, Ministry of Health and Māori Qualifications Services submitted the suite of new mātauranga Māori qualifications developed in the review of the Health and Disabilities, Social Services and Whānau Ora qualifications for 'approval to list' in April 2015.
As part of the 'approval to list' process, the Governance Group provided further information to the quality assurance analyst, responded to their suggestions, and revised the qualifications to meet the listing requirements of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The qualifications were approved for listing in December 2015.
The final consultation on the proposed qualifications closed in March 2015. The feedback was collated and presented to the Governance Group for their consideration. The Governance Group teleconferenced in April where the issues raised were addressed and changes to the draft qualifications endorsed. A copy of the Governance Group’s overview of the key views expressed and response to the feedback can be downloaded on this link (PDF, 403KB).
Stakeholder involvement and support
During Stage II of the mandatory review process, evidence of support from stakeholders was collected and collated. Those involved in the review process were asked to submit an attestation form (NZQF 4) and each qualification owner asked to complete a change of status form (NZQF 6).
We thank and acknowledge all those who took the time to consider the proposed qualifications and provided feedback. Thank you also to the working group members who have dedicated many hours contributing to and refining the development of these qualifications.
'Approval to Develop' application outcome
The proposed suite of ten new mātauranga Māori qualifications developed was submitted for 'Approval to Develop' on 31 March 2014.
All the qualifications were approved for further development on 22 July 2014, with an overall rating of He Pounamu Whakairo (PDF, 660KB).
Issues raised in the ‘Approval to Develop’ evaluation report were discussed by the Governance Group and addressed in the next phase of development. This stage also included the development of the qualification specifications and consistency arrangements.
Review documents – quick links
- Background to the mandatory review of the Health and Disabilities, Social Services and Whānau Ora qualifications
- Notes 28 January 2015 (DOCX, 2.7MB)
- Appendix 4 - January 2015 (DOC, 1.9MB)
- Map January 2015 (PDF, 120KB)
- Governance Group Notes - Hui 5 March 2014 (PDF, 110KB)
- Governance Group Minutes - 25-26 June 2013 (PDF, 310KB)
- Qualifications Map (PDF, 257KB)
- “The Headings” / Ngā Mātāpono (PDF, 33KB)
- Korero whakamarama (PDF, 308KB)
Needs analysis reports
- February 2014 Analysis of feedback received (PDF, 138KB)
- August 2013 Needs Analysis Report - Key findings (PDF, 1.2MB)
- June 2013 Needs Analysis Summary Report (PDF, 509KB)
Information only. Feedback on these documents no longer accepted.
If you would like any further information on the qualifications, please email email@example.com.